DeepSec has a past of supporting research projects and the researchers themselves. For 2019 and the years to come we have teamed up with partners to foster research in information security. We already support the BSidesLondon Rookie Track, support the Reversing and Offensive-oriented Trends Symposium (ROOTS), publish the DeepSec Chronicles, and support individuals in their research. Now we want to go one step further.
Purpose: To encourage research by professionals and academics on new and emerging cyber security issues, information security, new ways to use technology, defence, offence, and weaknesses in hardware/software/designs.
Suggested Topics: Vulnerabilities in mobile devices, vulnerabilities in IoT, advances in polymorphic code, software attacks on hardware wallets, side channel attacks, hacking industrial control systems and smart cities, quantum and post quantum computing, penetration testing – defining what it means and standardization, and related topics. Let your creativity run free.
- Submit a proposal with a unique cybersecurity related topic in paragraph or outline form
- CV / Resume or academic works published / presentations
- One paragraph on how your research will advance or contribute to the research and understanding of your topic and your own professional interests
- Confirmed availability to attend and speak at the DeepSec Conference in November 2021; talk slots are 45 minutes + 5 minutes of Q&A so plan accordingly
- Applications must be received by 31 July 2021 to email@example.com
- Work will be published in DeepSec Journal “In Depth Security: Proceedings of the DeepSec Conferences”; Published works for this section of the journal are expected to be more raw, cutting edge research ideas, as a precursor to a future peer reviewed work. The published work will be guided by the Scholar Mentors but not subject to full peer review.
- Opportunity to present at DeepSec Conference
- Six months of mentorship and assistance in research from DeepSec Scholar Mentors
- Full admission ticket including lodging for DeepSec Conference held in Vienna, Austria
- 3500 EUR research stipend
Scholarship students will be supported by a mentor from the information security expert and research community.